1. Scope of Application
Choke manifold is a necessary device to control well kick, blowout and implement pressure control technology in oil and gas wells. When the blowout preventer is closed, the opening and closing of the throttle valve is used to control a certain casing pressure to make sure the bottom hole pressure is always slightly higher than the formation pressure, so as to avoid further inflow of formation fluid into the well. In addition, choke manifold can be used to relieve pressure to achieve soft shut-in. When the pressure in the well reaches a certain limit, blowout is released through it to protect the wellhead.
2. Composition and Structure
Choke manifold consists of throttle valve, gate valve, pipeline, pipe fittings, pressure gauge, etc.
3. Operating Principle
When the pressure in the well increases, the casing pressure can be controlled by releasing the fluid in the well through the opening and closing of the throttle valve (manual adjustable, hydraulic and fixed) on the choke manifold. High sleeve pressure can be directly discharged through the gate valve.
4. Choke manifold Specifications
The pressure level of the killed manifold in our company is divided into five levels, namely 14MPa, 21MPa, 35MPa, 70MPa and 105MPa. It can also be designed according to customer requirements.
5. Operating requirement
(1) The working pressure of all parts of the choke manifold shall match the working pressure of the blowout preventer assembly used;
(2) The choke manifold shall be installed in a place accessible to operators. Pressure test shall be carried out during installation. The sealing test pressure shall be equal to the rated working pressure.
(3) The pipeline shall be as straight as possible, and 120 degree cast steel elbow shall be used at the bend of the pipeline. The pipeline shall have a sufficiently large aperture;
(4) Must install the working pressure gauge;
(5) In winter construction, choke manifold should have the performance of working at low temperature.
6. Technical Parameters
|Nominal bore||2 -1/16"~4 -1/16"|
|Product specifications and grades||PSL1-4|